GLENN JAMES MEREDITH
Ethel, Glenn and Ernest Meredith
![]() |
| Robert on the left and Glenn on the right with their cousins. Notice how my dad, Glenn, is standing with his hand on his hip. That is something I distinctly remember him doing when he was an adult. |
I loved being raised on a farm. I loved to drive the tractor/wagon to feed the cattle. Mom and I and my sister would always take dinner out to dad in the field when they would be in the field long hours out planting and harvesting.
We, as children, had no idea how little we had compared to others, but our parents always managed to keep us in nice clothes and be able to give us birthday presents and Christmas presents.
I remember my parents spending many weekends playing pinochle with friends.
They had so much fun.
While I was in high school our town celebrated its Centennial. My dad was asked to help with the production of the pageant since he worked at the Krannert Center for Performing Arts at the University of Illinois. He worked as a stage hand, sound board, scenery, He loved this job so much. I remember my high school spanish class going there to see Don Quixote on stage and my Dad gave us all a tour back stage after the show. I remember him taking me with him so I could see shows from the wings. I remember watching Duke Ellington and Charlie Brown. So exciting. Probably when I got the theatre bug.
My Dad had a soft spot in his heart for this country. He loved his God, his Country, and his family. He was easily moved to tears when listening to patriotic music and hymns. He loved his children was always wanting them to have religion in their lives. I remember getting him interested in genealogy work and he really took off with it.














1 comment:
I don't know if you are still out there, but I would be a distant Meredith cousin to you. I just wanted to say what an amazing job you did on this blog. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I also have found your Meredith Family History blog & have been using it in my research efforts for my family tree. Thank you!
Post a Comment