Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Spring Break



Well, we took for a 2 day trip to Utah by way of Denver so we could see Bruce's cousin, Cheryl. Weather and speed limits were great until we got to Denver. From Denver to Cheyenne, WY it got a little dicey, heavy fog and snow on the roads had us clinching in our seats. We had never been to Utah in the winter and we totally loved seeing the mountains with the snow. By the time we got to Utah the snow was only on top of the mountains. The weather was actually great while we were there.







Who would believe that this gorgeous little girl would actually love to eat dirt. I admit I was skeptical about it but I witnessed it with my own eyes. She walked around the yard and feed herself from a garden trowel and even sucked on a toy truck that had been submerged in a mud puddle by her brother.









You will never find Dallin very far away from his Grandpa. He sure loves him. Dallin is now taking Karate and learning alot from it, like how to sit with his lips closed and his legs crossed and his hands on his knees. That's a lot to remember for a 4 year old. We had fund just spending time with our grandkids.

While we were there Lynnette and I went to a bridal shop so she could try on some different styles and see what she might like. While we were there Bruce calls to ask me how many pills were in my pill bottle. It seems little, Miss Maggie got into my pill bottle. I'm sure this had Monica in a state of panic. Luckily, poison control said she would be fine. I still don't understand how I take only 1 pill a day and they said she could have up to 5 and be fine. And by the way, Lynnette and fell in love with a dress and we bought it on the spot. She will make a beautiful bride, if I can see her through all my tears.



But, of course, the main reason we travelled to Utah was to meet this great guy that Lynnette couldn't stop talking about. She said we needed to get out here soon, so we knew what that meant. He and his family are great people. His mother even said she knew the first time she met Lynnette that she would be "the one." He is a sweet guy with a wonderful spirit and I know he will try his hardest to make her happy. We left Utah on Friday and got back Saturday afternoon and Steven proposed to Lynnette Saturday night. She is over the moon. She's just not looking forward to all the work involved in planning an August wedding. Lots to do.




















No comments: